Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Last Half of March

March 16, 2009

We hosted a very successful Family Home Evening at our place with over 20 attending. We watched the restoration DVD, played a game, and had treats Cindy prepared. We got smart this time and found a source for cheap plastic cups and plates, so the clean-up was much easier. As much as I like washing dishes with Cindy, there can be too much of a good thing.

March 17, 2009

Today was a much awaited visit from Jim Jensen and his son Spencer who stopped by on their way back from seeing the Taj Mahal in Agra. They were on a challenging around the world type venture going from here to Jordan, then Mexico. Their driver knew where we lived and Noida was a minor detour on their way to Delhi. It is hard to describe the feelings that hit me when I saw Jim get out of the car. It was almost surreal seeing someone from home here. And did they bring goodies. Cindy now had her laptop, a resupply of chocolate chips, brown sugar, a can of Comet, pictures to frame for our church building, and a surprise bonus bag of mini-marsh mellows. Our St George Santas made it Christmas in March. After visiting a while, we took off for Delhi and some shopping.

The elders stopped by while Jim and Spencer were with us.

At the Pria Market. The restaurant we ate at is in the background on the left.

The afternoon ended with a Punjabi dinner and we said our goodbyes around 7 PM. What a great afternoon and evening. But 5 minutes after we left them, Cindy got very sick and the trip back to Noida became challenging. We made it to the Lajpat Nagar branch building, which was still open, and finally got home around 10 PM. It is so frustrating when someone you love is sick and there isn’t much you can do about it, but being the trooper she is, Cindy said she’d do it all over again for the enjoyable time we had with the Jensens.

March 20, 2009

We celebrated our 11th wedding anniversary today. Cindy was not feeling 100% yet, so we opted for a home delivery Subway club for me and a small pizza for Cindy, and watched a DVD together. It was an enjoyable time, all things considered, and we are grateful for what we do have and are blessed with.

March 28, 2009

This evening we had a very successful open house/fireside for our new branch building and Cindy’s seven dozen chocolate chip cookies were gone in a heart beat. Thanks Jim Jensen!!

The rest of the month was filled with meetings with investigators, church service, work on the upcoming NRT projects, doing our US taxes, getting rid of some malware that had found its way onto my laptop that took hours, and being down for a day. The first for me on our mission, as a bad head cold took me out of it. I tried doing some work on the computer for an hour or so, but I finally had to give up and admit defeat, for one day anyway.

Cindy's new laptop. When the power goes out, our battery back-up will keep the router going for about an hour and the laptops have their own battery, so we're still in business with a candle to work by. Ironic, as I was typing this, we lost power. Happens quite frequently now that the hot weather is on us.

No comments: